Die Ecole d’Humanité (CH) sucht Internatslehrer*innen fürs US-System – Computer Science/Technology
We are looking for an experienced, flexible and engaging educator with expertise in Computer Science and Technology.
You will teach two or three classes, including Computer Science, during the academic morning hours, six days a week. You will also support faculty in integration of technology and digital literacy instruction across the curriculum. In the afternoon, you will offer an enrichment course which draws on additional skills and passions you possess.
Together with at least one other faculty member, you will lead a residential ‘family group’ in a boarding house. You will participate in and lead other aspects of community life, for example community service groups, cultural festivals and celebrations, and outdoor activities including multi-day hikes.
1. Experience teaching Computer Science.
2. Ability to work with colleagues one-on-one to support technology integration in the classroom,
and to offer professional development workshops on technology in education for all faculty.
3. Experience teaching small, mixed-ability groups from diverse language backgrounds using an
inquiry-based instructional model and diversified instruction
4. Willingness to contribute to all other aspects of school life; experience in a student-support role
5. Ability to provide detailed written and verbal feedback on student progress, rather than relying
6. Experience teaching a specialist subject in one or more of creative arts, sport, outdoor
education, technical skills, handcrafts and/or experience in student academic support/tutoring
7. English fluency, written and spoken.
1. Ability to teach other academic courses in mathematics and/or science
2. Ability to start a robotics club for students
3. Experience in a boarding setting
4. Outdoor education (hike leader) certification
5. Ability to supervise students completing college-level extended research projects, and
teach research skills
6. Familiarity with German language.
Position commences 20 August 2020. Please apply to